Image Map

Monday, March 3, 2014

Skin Care Week: Review of The Body Shop Nurtiganics Drops of Youth

Hey everyone. I'm not sure about where you live, but here in the mid-west we are still very much in the thick of cold winter weather. So, I thought that being the (hopefully) last weeks of extreme cold, I would do a "Skin care week" to give you ideas and tips for keeping your skin looking and feeling great these last few weeks of winter (and year round, too). To launch skin care week, I'm doing a review of The Body Shop Nurtiganics Drops of Youth serum.
The Body Shop Nurtiganics Drops of Youth is a gel-like serum that is applied to bare, clean skin. Before anything else. I have been using this serum for 3 months now, and I truly believe that it has saved me from many winter woes. Before I started using this serum, it was just starting to get cold here, and my skin was parched. I was scrubbing my face far too often trying to rid it of the scales that seemed to show up every single day. The result was sensitive skin that started to break out really badly. I went into The Body Shop and looked at this product and asked the sales accociate about it. She raved about it and said that I should try a sample. The sample she gave me, lasted about a week with a once a day application. After only 1 week of use from a free sample, I could not believe my eyes. My skin looked so much more hydrated, and I knew it was because of this little gem.

The Body Shop Nurtiganics Drops of Youth is composed of 99% natural ingredients and is enriched with plant stem cells for smoother-looking skin. It is not a moisturizer, though and does not replace your current moisturizer. It is meant to be used under your moisturizer to enhance your skin so it better absorbs your moisturizer.

 This serum applies very smoothly and absorbs very quickly. I can normally put on my moisturizer after only 20 seconds after applying this product. It has a very natural and pleasant smell, that isn't over-powering and dissipates fairly fast. I just applied a drop of this to my hand for the picture you see below about 5 minutes ago, and there is absolutely no lingering scent on my hand.


The Body Shop Nurtiganics Drops of Youth comes in a green tinted glass bottle that has a white plastic cap with a button on top that you press to get the product into the dropper. This makes it easy, since you only need about 1 or 2 drops for your entire face, and the dropper dispenses exactly that amount.

This is definately a product that will have me coming back for more. It retails for $36 for a 1 oz. bottle or $50 for a 1.7 oz. bottle. I purchased my 1 oz. bottle during the black Friday sale at The Body Shop, where everything in the store was 3 for $30. So, I got a great deal, making it only $10. However, I love this so much that I would gladly pay the retail of $36 in the future, but most likely there will be a great sale, so I won't have to.

2 comments:

  1. Could you use this without a moisturizer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's meant for an underneath your moisturizer. However, it totally depends on your skin. If you are super oily, you can definitely get away with only using this. But, if you are dry at all, this isn't going to really give any sort of hydration.

    ReplyDelete