Image Map

Monday, March 17, 2014

Review: Almay Shadow Softies with swatches of ALL shades!


If you've been reading my Friday Haul posts, then you've seen that I've gotten a bunch of Almay Shadow Softies for very little money lately. Well, I've put them to the test, and I have a verdict about their performance.

Almay claims that these shadows are "light as air, whipped powder shadows that glide on for a sheer wash of crease-free color with a cushiony soft feel. In 12 shades, 6 mattes and 6 metallics. hypoallergenic, ophthalmologist tested".

Lets start with the colors. Due to the $5 off 2 coupon, I was able to pick up every shade of these Almay Shadow Softies at Walgreens last week for penny's each (I picked up more over the weekend, after my Friday Haul post :). So, I have every color that these come in. The color selection is great, with a great variety of finishes and lighter and darker colors. My favorites are the "Hot Fudge", and "Peach Fuzz" shades. For me, "Peach Fuzz" is by far the most pigmented of the bunch.

The texture of these shadows is different than anythings I've ever felt. They don't fell like a powder shadow, and I wouldn't say that they are a cream consistency either. It's like a whipped powder feel, if there is such a thing. Because of their unique texture, they have absolutely no fall-out. One thing that may or may not be a good thing, is that because of their consistency, they are very, very difficult to be used with a brush. I found, that using my fingers was the best application method for these shadows. And, some people may not feel like that is a great way for them to use shadows, so if that doesn't work for you, then I would steer clear of these.

The pigmentation of the Almay Shadow Softies, is hit and miss between the shades. I find that the darker shades are decently pigmented, where the lighter ones are more of a wash of color. Which is exactly what Almay claims them to be. These shadows went on very nicely for me with a few swipes across my lids with a clean finger, and lasted about 6 hours, then seemed to fade away without a trace. It was almost weird how it was like they were magic and it disappeared from my eyelids. They were very pretty and nice once applied, and didn't crease at all for me, which is great since I have oily lids!

Overall, I'd say these would be great for someone who wants a pretty wash of color. You can easily wear these with just a few swipes of your fingers, so the application is fast, too. I will personally continue to use these, since I love the color selection, and some days, a wash of color is all I need or want for my eye look.

Below I've swatched all of the colors, so that you can get an idea of pigmentation and color payoff. Please keep in mind that these shadows will look different on you, I'm pretty pale, so the darker colors will show up nicely on my skin, where the lighter colors get sort of lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment