Image Map

Monday, March 10, 2014

Review: NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray

Hello everyone! This post is super delayed today, but I'm excited to share with you some insight on a product I've fallen in love with this winter. I said this before in my last Monday review, about how my skin this winter has taken a beating. I've had combination/oily skin my whole life, then all of a sudden I find myself in the middle of a horrible mid-west winter, and I look like a crocodile that has had far too much sun. My skin was so scaled, dry and tight feeling. It looked horrible and I wasn't sure how to fix it.

After a few months and some new products, things started to look better. My skin care routine had taken a complete overhaul, and I even changed up my makeup. One of the things that I feel saved me in touch-ups was the NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray. I had to stop using powders all together this winter, and that was always how I had set my foundation. So, I started looking into setting sprays. I tried a few and they were alright, but when I spotted the NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray at ulta, with "Dewy" being the key word, I knew I needed to try it.

The NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray is wonderful if you want to set your foundation without powder. It's also a great setting spray for over your powder as well. It makes your skin look like skin again. I'm super excited to try this in the warmer months when I can use mineral foundation with this misted on top of it. But, for now, I love how it makes my skin look great, and helps the staying power of my foundation a great deal.

To use this product, I look up, close my eyes, then spray the NYX Dewy Finish Makeup Setting Spray into the air and let it fall onto my face. I usually do this 2-3 times depending on where it lands :)

Are there any skin saving tricks you have had to muster up this winter? I'd love to hear about them!

2 comments:

  1. Along with the Rimmel Stay Matte Primer, this setting spray has completely changed the way my makeup looks and stays on. I usually apply my makeup around 7:00 each morning. Prior to using this combination, my makeup would look terrible by 1:00. Ever since I started using the primer with this setting spray, my makeup will stay on well until 9:00 or 10:00 at night without coming off or looking bad. I've even slept in my makeup before (don't judge! haha) and woke up the next day with my foundation still in tact... http://deadseaproductstore.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dewy setting sprays are a must-have makeup product. Not only do they seal makeup, but they also give a glowy finish that looks natural and soft, especially on dry and dull skin types. Some formulas also hydrate skin, as they have a base full of moisture or water.
    nyx dewy finish setting spray

    ReplyDelete