Image Map

Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday Haul: Physicians Formula, Revlon, Almay & more!


 It's Friday, and you know what that means... my weekly haul. This week I'll show you again, how you can get some free cosmetics to add to your makeup collection, as well as how to shop for deals at the dollar store. Lets get started, I've got a lot to cover this week!

1. Revlon super lustrous lipstick in "Kissable Pink". This was a free item this week from CVS. They have an Extra buck deal this week where super lustrous lipstick or gloss is on sale for 6.99 and you get $4 extra bucks back. Essentially making this lip product $2.99 after the bucks. However, you know by now that I'm a fan of that red coupon machine, and a few weeks back it gave me a $3 off any Revlon cosmetics coupon. So, with the combination of the coupon and bucks back, I got this for free. Here's the math:

Revlon super lustrous lipstick in "Kissable Pink"
$6.99  (On sale, reg. $8.99)
-$3.00 ($3 off any Revlon cosmetic purchase coupon from red machine)
-$4.00 (Bucks that printed on my receipt for a future purchase)
-$0.69 (10% back for Beauty Club membership - 10% is always taken BEFORE coupons)
-$0.70  A slight money-maker!

2. Next, if you follow me on facebook, you will have seen that I posted a link for you to print a $5 off 2 Almay cosmetics coupon. Well, if you happened to print that coupon, then you'll be able to score this deal at CVS right now. When you buy 2 Almay i-color cosmetics on sale for $5.99 each, you get $6 in Extra bucks back. Here is the math for this one:

Almay intense i-color shadow trios
$5.99 x 2=
 $11.98
-$5.00 (Coupon I printed from here)
-$6.00 (Bucks that printed on my receipt for a future purchase)
-$1.19 (10% back for Beauty Club membership - 10% is always taken BEFORE coupons)
-$0.21 Another slight money-making deal!

 3. Now, on to a little Walgreens shopping. I got 4 Almay shadow softies there this week, in "Vintage Grape", "Smoke", "Lilac" & "Petal" . Anyone else sort of dislike Walgreens or is it just me? Anyway, my transaction got a bit messed up, so I'll try my best to explain myself here with these shadows. These retail for $4.99 each and there is a sale on Almay cosmetics, buy one get one 1/2 off. Then, there is a Walgreens coupon in a little booklet next to where the ads are in the stores that is for $2 off Almay cosmetics. So, combining that deal with that coupon for $5 off 2 Almay cosmetics, and the $2 off Walgreens coupon, you SHOULD be able to score free shadow softies at Walgreens this week. I got 4 of them and could only use 1 of the $5 off 2 coupons, so these weren't free for me, the coupons wouldn't scan and they had to get a manager to come look at it, and I got frustrated because I was holding up the line, so I just went with it, and here is how it turned out:

4 Almay shadow softies
$4.99 x 4 =  $19.96
-$4.99 (Buy one get one 1/2 off sale)
-$8.00 (Coupon booklet savings - $2 off each Almay item you buy)
-$5.00 (Coupon I printed from here)
 $1.97 ($0.49 for each eyeshadow - not bad)

This situation was a bit frustrating, I'll admit. This happens, though. And, it could have been worse. I could always take them back, but then I would also be out a very good coupon, since there is no way I'd get that back. Anyway, my point is that Walgreens is usually not my favorite place to shop for deals. Their coupon policy is pretty fierce and they are sometimes pretty rude about things (I've lived in lots of different areas, and always have had a problem with rude cashiers and managers when using coupons). So, tread lightly with this deal. You can decide if it is worth it or not, since the coupon from your printer may not scan and they may look at you like your a fraud :/ May I also add, that CVS took the same coupon from the same computer with no problems at all (you can print each coupon 2 times per computer/device. I was able to score 4 coupons total - 2 from my PC, and 2 from my iPhone!). Edit: coupons.com has fixed the problem with the Almay coupon not scanning. If you printed this coupon after Monday 3/10, you should have no problems!

4. Moving on. Also at Walgreens this week, Rimmel Cosmetics are 50% off. I picked up the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal eye liner in "Taupe".  I'm not terribly familiar with this line, and I feel like everytime I try something from Rimmel, I hate it. With the exception of their eyeliners. namely the Scandaleyes Waterproof eyeliners. They are creamy and amazing. I didn't have this color, and I'm excited to put it to the test!

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal eye liner in "Taupe"
$4.79
-50%
$2.39!


5. Have I ever told you how much I LOVE Physicians Formula? I do. Love. Even though I'm a hoarder of all things makeup, I have pretty sensitive skin. Physicians Formula is Eco-friendly, and they normally use safe ingredients in their products. They even have organic products. I spotted 4 different shades of Physicians Formula Organic wear blush at my local Dollar Tree! These specific shades of blush are discontinued, which is why they were spotted at my Dollar Tree. The ones I found were "Pink Organics", "Rosy Organics", "Blushing Organics" & "Warming Organics". Once upon a time, these blushes retailed for around $12! So, needless to say, I got $48 worth of organic blushes for only $4! On a side note, I was a bit worried that these weren't "authentic", I mean, what a score, right? Plus, they were packaged differently than Physicians Formula cosmetics are normally packaged. So, I did a little research, and found that they are legit, and not knock-offs or fake at all! They have just been re-packaged so they fit better on Dollar Tree pegs. NICE! They are straight from the manufacturer and were stocked to fill orders from mass retailers, so when these shades got discontinued they send them to places like Dollar Tree.  So, hit up your local Dollar Tree, you never know what great finds you may see.

So another awesome week at the drugstore and a great surprise form the dollar store this week! I got $93.72 worth of makeup for only $7.45!!! It would have been even lower had I not ran into problems with the Almay coupon at Walgreens, but hey... I still saved over $80!

What beauty deals were you able to score this week? Make sure if you want to get in on the drugstore sales, you shop them before Sunday!





3 comments:

  1. Hey I’m Martin Reed,if you are ready to get a loan contact.Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com,WhatsApp:+1 989-394-3740 I’m giving credit to Le_Meridian Funding Service .They grant me the sum 2,000,000.00 Euro. within 5 working days. Le_Meridian Funding Service  is a  group investors into pure loan and debt financing at the  returns of 1.9% to pay off your bills or buy a home Or Increase your Business. please I advise everyone out there who are in need of loan and can be reliable, trusted and capable of repaying back at the due time of funds.

    ReplyDelete