Image Map

Monday, March 31, 2014

Review: Lorac Pocket Pro Palette

Happy Monday! I hope your weekend was great. Today I'm going to be reviewing the Lorac Pocket Pro Palette. It's a palette that contains 3 of the shades from the Lorac PRO palette. It retails for $15 at Ulta, and Beauty.com. The shades that are in this little pocket palette are: Nude, Pewter & Espresso.

Nude is a pale shimmery pink shade. It's georgous around the inner corner and when sheered out, it can work great for under the eyebrows.

Pewter is a satin taupe shade. It has less shimmer than the Nude shade, but it definitely has a sheen. I like to take this shade and blend it over the lid, and slightly into the crease.

Espresso is a deep matte brown. This is a wonderful and pigmented color that can be worn as an eyeliner or to define the outer v of your eye. You can also pull it into your crease depending on your skin tone. For my pale skin, it doesn't work in my crease, it's far too dark. But it's great for eyeliner, and I can even take it under my lower lashes to make my eye's pop.

Overall this is a great little pallet to have. If you already have the PRO palette, than obviously you don't need this Pocket Pro Palette, unless you find yourself using these 3 shades from the PRO palette more than the other shades.

I purchased this because I had never used Lorac shadows before and have heard that they are amazing. I didn't want to commit to the more expensive PRO palette if I wasn't in love with it, so I thought this was a great way to try the shadows at a fraction of the cost. I think I may start saving up to buy the full PRO palette after trying this Pocket Pro Palette. The shadows are super pigmented, creamy, simple and easy to work with and blend.

The only thing that I find wrong with this palette, is that there isn't a great transition/crease shade in the mix. I can work with the three shades to make an eye look, but I wish I had just one more mid-tone shade to incorporate. Otherwise, I'm a fan! Definately worth a try if you want to dabble in some high-end and quality shadows!

1 comment:

  1. . I think I may start saving up to buy the full PRO palette after trying this Pocket Pro Palette. The shadows are super pigmented, carbon activated

    ReplyDelete