Image Map

Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Haul: Physicians Formula, Burts Bees, Revlon and more!

Hey everyone! I'm back with another Friday haul. This week, as promised, I'm going to show you how you can actually MAKE MONEY on your beauty purchases at the drug store. Please note, that some of the coupons that I used this week were printed weeks ago, and aren't available anymore. And also, the CVS store that is near me takes expired CVS coupons (the ones printed from the magic red machine in most stores). So, You may not be able to score the exact deals that I got, but these are great savings regardless of if you have the coupons from the red machine.

I shopped at CVS and Walgreens this week. However, CVS took home the best deals by far for the week!
1. Lets just start off with the product I MADE MONEY ON, shall we? This is the Physicians Formula Glow-Boosting Beauty Balm BB Bronzer in "Light to Medium" (Whew! Long name). This product is brand new at the drugstore for spring, and it has a retail of $14.99. Wanna know how I got paid to buy this product? Buckle up. Okay, I've told you before about the magical red coupon machine inside of CVS stores. Well, about 2 weeks ago, I scanned my card, and it printed a $5 of your $15 Physicians Formula purchase. This coupon expired only a week after I printed it, which most coupons from that machine do. But, my CVS is great and they take those coupons that print from that machine even if they are expired! So, I got to use that coupon on this purchase. PLUS, this bronzer had a coupon stuck to the front of it for $5 off (sorry, I left my phone in the car so no pics of the coupon). Then, CVS is having a deal this week where if you buy $10 in Physicians Formula cosmetics, you get $7 back in Extra bucks. And, don't forget that I also get 10% back from being a Beauty Club member as well. So, lets do the math:

Physicians Formula Glow-Boosting Beauty Balm BB Bronzer
 $14.99
-$5.00 ($5 of your $15 Physicians Formula purchase coupon from red machine)
-$5.00 (Coupon stuck to the product)
-$7.00 (Bucks that printed on my receipt for a future purchase)
-$1.49 (10% back for Beauty Club membership - 10% is always taken BEFORE coupons)
-$3.50 ---> They PAID ME $3.50 to buy this product!!!!

Granted I'm not getting this money in actual CASH. It's in the form of a coupon that I can only use at CVS for a future purchase. But, I'll be back there anyway for great deals on beauty next week, so it's all the same for me :)

 2. Next is the Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator in "Bare Light". This one sells for $12.99 at my CVS. Remember that coupon  machine? When I went in on Monday morning to get the deal on Physicians Formula, I scanned my card, and it gave me a $3 off your $12 Revlon purchase coupon! So, I took a coupon that I printed off from here that was for $2 off and used it with that magical coupon, then CVS has a sale for $3 back when you buy $10 in Revlon cosmetics. So, lets do the math for this one:

Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator in "Bare Light"
$12.99
-$3.00 ($3 off your $12 Revlon purchase coupon from the red machine)
-$2.00 (Coupon I printed from home)
-$3.00 (Bucks that printed on my receipt for a future purchase)
-$1.29 (10% back for Beauty Club membership - 10% is always taken BEFORE coupons)
 $3.70 for a $12.99 product! Great deal.

3. The last things I got from CVS were 2 Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Masks. I didn't use any coupons for these. CVS has an advertised deal where if you buy 2 Garnier Skin care items, you get $5 Extra bucks back! These were $2.99 each:

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Treatment Masks
$2.99 x 2=
 $5.98
-$5.00 (Bucks that printed on my receipt for a future purchase)
-$0.59 (10% back for Beauty Club membership - 10% is always taken BEFORE coupons)
 $0.38 for 2 masks (only $0.19 each mask!)

4. And finally I got a little something from Walgreens, too. A Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in "Rhubarb". This had a retail of $5.29 at my Walgreens. From now until 3/29/2014 Walgreens is having a promotion on Burt's Bees Lip products, where if you buy one, you get 3,000 points when you use your Walgreens card. 3,000 points translates into $3.00 off of a future purchase. These points get loaded onto your shopping card, so make sure if you don't have a card that you get one before trying this deal. I also had a $1.50 off any Burt's Bees Lip product coupon that I printed from here to use as well:

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in "Rhubarb"
$5.29
-$3.00 (from the 3,000 points I earned for buying a Burt's Bees Lip Product)
-$1.50 (Coupon I printed from home)
 $0.79 What a great deal for an all natural lip product!

So this was an awesome week! When all is said and done, I ended up paying $1.37 for $39.25 worth of cosmetics this week!! Have I proved to you yet, that you don't need to have a lot of money to have a lot of makeup? Ha, ha, what deals were you able to score on your cosmetics this week? Make sure if you want to get in on some of these deals, you shop before Sunday :)



No comments:

Post a Comment