Image Map

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

What's New: Ulta Sculpting Palette


I very rarely purchase Ulta brand cosmetics. I have a few things, but to be honest I'm never truly impressed with the stuff I get from the line. Plus, I truly don't see other beauty bloggers and gurus reviewing the line much either, so I never know what to expect as far as quality goes.

When I saw this giant size compact on my last trip to Ulta, I was instantly drawn to it. It's just like the one from it Cosmetics and pixi, but was on sale for only $6.00 (regularly $14.00), and unlike the high price tag of it cosmetics and pixi palettes of the same nature, I could afford this one on the spot!

I went home right away and looked it up on Ulta's website for reviews. At the time, there were only 2 reviews on this palette, both with a 5 star rating. I couldn't find any swatches or videos reviewing or even hauling this product, so I decided to just open it and give it a go.

This palette is comprised of 3 shades in one pan. A blush, a bronzer, and a highlighter. The idea is to use these colors on your face in strategic places to make your face appear to have more definition. Highlighting with the light shade, contouring with the dark shade, and using the blush shade on the apples of your cheeks. I contour/sculpt my face every day, and didn't have an all-in-one palette until now. I must say, it's pretty handy.


There are 3 different colors available for this palette. All 3 of them look similar to me aside from the blush colors being different. The bronzer and highlight shades look very similar. The shade I picked up is called "Rosette".

I've swatched all 3 colors from the "Rosette" palette below to give you an idea of color payoff and pigmentation.  I'm excited to really put this product to the test. It will also be a handy travel item this summer despite it's huge size, it's nice to have all 3 contour shades in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment