Image Map

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What's New: Butter London Wink Cream Eye Shadow in “Treacle”

Today I wanted to review a product that I got for free with a purchase at beauty.com. I honestly would have never giving this a second glance had I not gotten an email from beauty.com to get this full size product for free with any $10 purchase. So, I took the plunge. I mean, with free shipping (shop runner) I couldn't go wrong, right? So, I put a Zpalette in my cart, and checked out.

This Butter London Wink Cream Eye Shadow in “Treacle” retails for $18, and you can find it at beauty.com and Utla stores. It comes in a tube that resembles a lip gloss, and the application wand has a doe foot tip for controlled and easy application, just like lip gloss as well.

The formula of this eye shadow is a very thin cream texture. It isn't thick and it sheers out well, leaving a thin layer of extreme, opaque pigment. Once applied, it feels a bit tacky for about 20-30 seconds, but once it dries, it stays put ALL day long! Literally, I think if I slept in this eye shadow, it would still look flawless in the morning when I woke up!

I'm a huge fan of this color, as well. It is a shimmery, golden champagne shade that flatters every skin tone. The line includes 12 different shades, and I'm thinking about picking another 1 (or 3) up! They are sturdy, long-wearing eye shadows, and I'm in love! 

The only thing that I find to be bothersome is the fact that it takes a while to dry for me. I wish it would set a bit faster, and while it's tacky, you can't really move your eyelids around, or it will crease. For this reason, I'm giving it a 4.5 out of 5...

4.5/5 Winks!


No comments:

Post a Comment