Image Map

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Tip Tuesday: A Natural, and effective way to treat Acne!

Lately I've had a few mild breakouts, and I've had to whip up a batch of my go-to acne toner that works SO good! So, this post was born out of my misery. Your welcome. Now, before I get to the recipe that I use, I want to share with you a few insights that I have on the main ingredient for the recipe, Thyme.

Thyme has been studied a lot lately for use in acne treatment. The findings have been stellar with results being better than that of prescription acne medication! Wouldn't you rather put something natural on your face than something harsh that is made by a chemist that will do who knows what to your skin??

Remember that prescription drug that was used for acne a number of years ago that they found was linked to birth defects? Ya, awesome. I'm not saying that all prescription drugs are that bad, but the truth is we just don't know what effects they may have on our bodies! Thyme has been use for THOUSANDS of years. The ancient Egyptians used it! And, no known harms have ever been documented from it's use. This is why I choose to use this ingredient rather than something from a chemical lab that heaven knows what it will do to my skin or body.

As you can see, I'm very passionate about my skincare. I try to keep it as close to nature as possible, using oils and herbs that won't cause harm or premature aging. This acne treatment is very effective and uses something grown right out of the ground. Win, win for me!



I would recommend tossing this mixture after 2-3 weeks. Since we aren't putting any preservatives in it, it may start to spoil. This recipe will probably last you that long if you are using it twice a day, so if you are only going to use it a few times, make a smaller batch.

If you are interested in reading more about one of the studies found on Thyme and acne, click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment