Image Map

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Whats New: Wet n Wild Limited Edition Walking the Red Carpet, Flirting at the After Party & Champagne Toast with swatches!


Wet n Wild has done it again. If you are a stranger to Wet n Wild coloricon eyeshadow's and megalast nail colors, then you need to run to your local drug store and grab some! I don't care if you are a brand snob or a true believer in the "you get what you pay for" rule,  I know you will love them! I will do a review of some of my favorite pallets from the coloricon line if enough people ask me, but truly, they are amazing, pigmented, buttery, and CHEAP. Even some of the most famous beauty gurus agree. And, they've tried everything!

So, with that being said, I have 3 new Limited Edition Wet n Wild products to show you today. 2 new 8 pan pallets, and 1 of 6 of the new magalast nail colors. All 6 of the nail colors were very pretty, but I'm not a big nail polish junkie. I tend to stick to what I know, and what I know is makeup. That being said, the color I chose in this new line up is the perfect champagne color ever! I'm a sucker for champagne shades, since they look great on everyone, and this one does not disappoint! This shade is called Champagne Toast. It was very easy to apply and dried very quickly. I'm not sure of the staying power yet, but I'm guessing you could get a week without chips if you applied a good top coat over this polish. This was found at Walgreens for $1.99. Which is a great price for the quality of this nail color.



Now, on to the new Wet n Wild coloricon eyeshadow's. Like I said, these are Limited Edition, and with all things limited edition, they will fly off the shelves. So, if you are even wanting these pallets a little, you need to grab them. People have been finding these at Walgreens, Harmons face values, Bed Bath & Beyond, Christmas Tree Shops, and a few CVS stores are carrying them as well. I got mine at Walgreens. They retail for $4.99 each.




The one on the left is called Walking the Red Carpet, and on the right is Flirting at the After Party. Walking the Red Carpet I would say is pretty neutral with the exception of the gold and copper shades that are on the right side of the pallet. Even still, looking at the pan, those 2 shade are very pretty. Flirting at the After Party is a very purple pallet. Very purple. So, if you aren't a purple lover, this one isn't for you. I, however LOVE purple, so this one was a no brainer. I had to have it!

I've swatched both pallets below, so you can try to get an idea of what the color payoff will be. Please keep in mind that everyone's skin is different, and swatches are meant for you to see how the shades apply and get a feel for the pigmentation. Especially with drug store products, it can be hard to tell what they will be like until you get them home and rip them open. These swatches are with one swipe of my finger and aren't built up at all. Also, I am VERY pale, so the lighter colors just don't show up too well on me. Trust me, they are pretty good and pigmented :) So here they are:


Walking the Red Carpet




Flirting at the After Party




No comments:

Post a Comment