Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Tip Tuesday: Using Bright Blushes
One of the more widely used items in my makeup case, are my blushes. I love how they make me look like I'm not dead, and that they can perk up even the most bland of skin days. As we head into spring, I feel like the most colorful and spring-like thing you can add to your makeup routine is a bright eye popping blush! I have several blushes in my collection that would make most people cringe, but here are 3 reasons why I love them so much.
1. Bright washes of color on the apples of your cheeks makes you look more youthful. I was reminded of this on Sunday when I was curling my 6 year old daughters hair. Her cheeks had this hint of color on them that made her simply glow. As we age our skin looses pigmentation. So, adding that pigmentation on your cheeks makes you look younger.
2. It can save you money! This post was inspired by a bright blush I purchased just yesterday (I'll tell you more about that in my haul post on Friday). Bright colors can make for some very clown-like looks if you aren't careful. But, with a light hand and a good quality blush brush, you can use a very minimal amount of that blush, so it will last a long time. And, if you read my haul Friday post, you'll see just how affordable it truly can be!
3. Bright colors show up and look great on everyone. From the lightest of lights to the darkest of dark's. Bright, bold colors are universally flattering no matter what color your skin might be. I'm very pale, and you would think that using a bright, highly pigmented blush would make me look like I've got neon cheeks. However, I apply it very carefully and with a light touch to both the product and my skin. So, I'm left with a light wash of brightness that wakes my face up and makes me look alive again. You can always add more blush if you feel like the pigmentation isn't enough for you, so build it up until you get the color you want. But, always start with a very small amount.
So, there you have it! Below I've given you some examples of the blushes that are in my collection that are super vibrant and pigmented.
1. Maybelline Master Glaze Blush in "Pink Fever"
2. NYX Rouge Cream Blush in "Glow"
3. bareMinerals Blush in "Fruit Cocktail"
4. elf Studio Blush in "Pink Passion"
5. essence Silk Touch Blush in "Life's a Cherry"