Image Map

Monday, February 24, 2014

Review: L'Oreal Silkissime eyeliner in black & highlighter



Today's review is on the L'Oreal Silkissime eyeliners in black & highlighter.

First, let me just start by saying that I'm not a huge fan of pencil eyeliners. Sharpening them? It's makeup, not school. And after they are sharpened I feel like they are never the same as when you first open them. Not to mention, that I think people can really abuse eyeliner. Mostly liquid eyeliner, but even pencil form, some lady's tend to over due. I could go on for days on techniques and proper ways to apply eyeliner, so it emphasizes your eye shape, but I'm reviewing, not teaching. And there is plenty of information on the web if you're interested in that. Now, on to my review of the L'Oreal Silkissime eyeliners.

I have these in 2 shades. Black and highlighter. Lets start with a general review of both. These are super pigmented and very creamy, and silky (like the name suggests). I have honestly NEVER used an eyeliner with this much color payoff. Ever.  The staying power is phenomenal as well, and while I'm not sure if these are waterproof, they can be used in your waterline with great results. They are also a bargain, retailing at around $8 each. I got mine when my local store was having a sale on L'Oreal. So I scored both for about $10. Look for sales on drug store cosmetics. I very rarely pay retail for anything at the drugstore.

The black color of the L'Oreal Silkissime eyeliner is so rich. As you can see in my swatch it is BLACK. It glides just like butter on your skin, and it fills in every nook and cranny along the way. So, if you have more mature skin and your eyelids aren't as youthful looking as they once were, this is definitely an eyeliner you could use. I really like to use this eyeliner in my upper waterline. This technique makes my lashes look so thick and black.

The highlighter version of the L'Oreal Silkissime eyeliner is a pink shimmery shade. This shade is so, so pretty when swatched, and the picture I took does not do it justice. I like to use this on the inner corner of the eye, and even under the bottom lash line for a very opening effect.

Overall these are defiantly worth a try! I am in love with how well they glide on and how long they last. However I think there are 2 downsides of these. First, I wish it came in a brown color. Being fair/blonde, it's nice to have brown for an every day look. And second, I wish it were an automatic twist up design instead of the pencil you have to sharpen with a sharpener. The formula would definitely work for the twist up design since they are pretty firm eyeliners. Even with being so silky.


No comments:

Post a Comment