Image Map

Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday Haul: NYX, tarte, Benefit and more!






As a makeup hoarder, I tend to buy makeup or some sort of beauty item every single week. Sometimes lots, sometimes just 1 thing. But, just about every week, I get myself a little something to add to my collection. I'm a true hoarder. And, what's crazy, is that I normally use everything I buy. And, whats great, is that if you absolutely hate something, most places will take things back!  So, if you've been dying to try something, but aren't quite sure if you'll like it, save your receipt. You normally have nothing to lose :)


So, here is my haul for this week. I'll do a breakdown of what I got, and even how much I paid for it, so you can try to get the same deals before the week is over!



1. Essence Sun Club Matt Bronzing Powder for blondes. They also have this for brunettes/darker skin. This is a nice light bronzer that looks very natural on my skin, and I'm liking it so far. I got it at Ulta, and it was $4.99, so very bargain priced for such a large compact. 


2. Benefit They're real! mascara. I have the full size of this, and it's pretty good. Not worth the hype in my opinion, but it's good. I got an email from Ulta so I could get this mini size for free if I showed them the email. So, I paid nothing for this travel friendly sized mascara. Although, it did get me into their store so I had to look around, and ended up getting a few things while I was there.


3. Tarte Be MATTEnificent pallet. This sucker is limited edition, and like all things in the makeup world that are limited edition, if you see it, you need to get it or it will be gone the next time you go to the store. Mark my words, I cannot tell you how many times I've seen something at the store that is limited edition, and thought in my head "I like it, but I'll sleep on it and come back in a few days and get it then if I still want it" - only to find that a few days later it's gone. Then, in your desperation you ask the nice sales person when they'll get more in and they precede to tell you that what they had is all that they will get since it's limited edition. People, like I said above, if you hate it you can take it back. This pallet was a bit of splurge for me at $37. But I love, love, love it! I am so in love with tarte cosmetics, and this pallet is just awesome. The shadows are so silky, and the blush as I said in my tarte review on Monday, is my favorite, and this shade is so subtle and pretty. 



4. NYX nude on nude pallet. This was a TOTAL score for me! I love neutral shadows. They are just funner for me to work with, and I don't feel like I'm trying to hone in on my 80's past. Don't get me wrong, I'll still rock the blue eyeshadow here and there. But, normally it's the neutrals that get me excited. Plus, the lipgloss pans are pretty, too. I got this at Ulta this week. I read through the fabulous inter-web that Ulta was having a NYX overhaul and they were clearancing a bunch of their stuff, so of course I had to check it out. I found this baby amongst a bunch of things that were marked down (they had single eyeshadows, and smaller eyeshadow pallets as well as a few lip products at my store, too). I spotted this pallet with a sticker that said it was normally $25 and was now $12.50. Score! I was super excited about my find, and when I went to check out, it rang up at $4.99!!!! Holy crap! And, to make things even better, I have the Ulta app on my phone, that had a weekly offer for 20% off one single item. So, I scored a $25 pallet for $4. Even if I don't like this baby (which I know I will), at $4 I'll let my 6 year old daughter have it for playing with before I'll return it.

That's it! I normally don't spend over $50 in one week on cosmetics at all! But, tarte always gets me with their pretty packaging and great quality. Other than the tarte pallet, this was a very budget-friendly week, being that I got a free mascara, and a $25 pallet for only $4. Next week there will be a haul from CVS for sure. They have some great deals going on for the week that are sure to make for some cheap makeup! So I'll see you back here next Friday to share my findings!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! You will be scandalized to learn that I buy makeup maybe five times a year. You're going to inspire me with WinkyPink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun! You will be scandalized to learn that I buy makeup maybe five times a year. You're going to inspire me with WinkyPink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria, not everyone is as obsessed as I am :) I'm glad to hear that I'm inspiring you, though! That was certainly the point of starting this blog!

      Delete