Image Map

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tip Tuesday: De-puffing eye area

Today I'm going to give you some tips for making your eye area appear less puffy. I wake up with puffy eyes almost every morning, so I've mastered how to make my eyes look less puffy.

First of all, if you wake up to puffiness around your eyes, it's better to wait an hour or so before you apply any makeup. If that isn't possible, then here are some tricks that I like to use:

  1. Grab an ice pack! Or some other cold object. I know it's not the most comfortable thing to do on your delicate eye area, but icing can really reduce the puffiness quickly. I rarely use this method, but when I do it's almost instant and I only need to hold the ice pack on my eyes for about 30 seconds or so.
  2. Cucumbers! This age-old spa treatment works for a reason! Cold cucumbers placed on your eyes helps reduce the puffiness for 2 reasons. First, the cold helps reduce the swelling for the same reason an ice pack will, simple science; our bodies shrink a little when they are cold. Second, cucumbers contain natural flavanoids and antioxidants that help calm irritation that may be caused from sleeping/not sleeping, stress and environmental damage.
  3. Anti-puffiness eye creams and/or serums. Both before you go to bed and when you wake up are great tools for reducing puffiness. My two favorites are 100% Pure Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream & Lumene Vitamin C+ Anit-Puffiness roll-on eye serum (I think this one was sadly discontinued).
  4. If you don't have an Anti-puffiness eye cream or serum, then put your current favorite eye cream in the fridge over night and use it in the morning to get a great cooling effect that is sure to reduce the swelling!
 That's it! Thanks for stopping by! Let me know if you have any other tricks or tips on reducing eye puffiness!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for these tips....I've starting waking up to puffy eyes every now and then and I totally hate it! these have really been helpful and they really work! Putting on cold things like cucumbers looks and feels pretty weird, but it totally works.

    ReplyDelete